For the past few months, McKay has been participating in Center Stage Youth Performers. Every Spring, they put on a Broadway show. This year, they put on Your A Good Man, Charlie Brown. Man, they did such a FABULOUS job! I can hardly believe these kids are between the ages of 7-18! They are incredible! I am so proud of McKay. Every night, I cried like a baby. I was just so overwhelmingly proud of him I couldn't contain myself. I was told I was not the only mother who cried at every performance. They had 8 performances in total and by the final night, McKay was exhausted! They had to be at the Covey Center by 8:30 in the morning some days and wouldn't get home until after 10 pm! And they still had school.... (OK. truth be told, I let McKay stay home to recover and get some much needed sleep..... Philip wasn't to happy with me- like they say, Mom knows best:) The last night, they were all in tears, giving each other hugs and crying on each other's shoulders. What a sight to see. They were so sad it was all over. I spoke with the producer who told me the cast members were so close with one another. She hadn't ever had a group this close and loved each other they way this cast did. McKay made such great friends and has developed a hidden talent! That boy can act! He played Spike, one of Snoopy's siblings. You know, the one who has a mustache, lives out in the desert and decorates a cactus for Christmas? That was McKay. He also played Bruce, one of the school kids. A double roll! What a star! Tonight is a cast party and he can't wait to see all his friends again. It's going to be weird not having somewhere to be every second of every day! Life sure has slowed down since the show ended. To be honest, I really enjoyed being so busy. Mainly because McKay enjoyed it so much. I was willing to do whatever I needed to make him succeed and enjoy himself.
One night, Mrs Deaver (McKay's second grade teacher) and her husband, along with Ms Pulley, McKay's current teacher came to support him. What awesome women they are! I love them dearly and am so grateful for them and their support for McKay. It truly made his night! Also, Aunt Marcy and Spencer flew up from California to see it and Grandpa Valadez drove up from St. George. My parents had tickets to come up, but my mom injured her knee severely and had to have surgery to repair it. The doctor wouldn't let her travel. She was devastated she could be here. After all, she is the one who got him interested in plays and theater. For years (some even before I was born) my mom has produced several plays and musicals. When McKay was 3 she started taking him to plays. When he was 4, she produced Fiddler On The Roof and McKay got to go backstage!! He was thrilled. The rest is history. Ever since then, he has been fascinated about plays and theater. Mom, we know you were there in spirit and would have been here if you could. Don't worry, we have it all on tape!! Don't I just have the BEST family in the entire universe!? I love them all so very much! Thanks to everyone who came to support McKay. It truly meant a lot! Your awesome!
When all is said and done, I am so grateful McKay has found something he loves doing. As a mom, that is all I ever want for my kids. To be happy, healthy and loving life! Until the next play...........
Aunt Marcy, Spencer, Carter and McKay
.JPG)
A Book Report on Peter Rabbit!
.JPG)
Action!!
.JPG)
.JPG)
The Deaver's... Doesn't McKay have the BEST teachers.. and don't I have the best friends??!!
.JPG)
McKay and Dad
.JPG)
Mom and her boys (minus Gabe)
.JPG)
An amazing supportive teacher!
.JPG)
Spencer and Carter... best friends for LIFE!!!
.JPG)
The Family.... (minus Gabe)
6 comments:
As I said in the email I wouldn't have missed this for the world. I love your family so much. You say that you are blessed to know us, I feel exactly the opposite. We have been blessed to know and have good friends like you.:)
SOOOOooooo CUTE!!!
Wow. I am terribly impressed! That's so neat that he appreciates the arts.
(Sorry to hear about your mom's knee.)
This sounds like so much fun. I am so proud of him. He's a hard little worker. I didn't know your family is so into plays and what not. You and Mike's family would get along great. He is super into this stuff too and did tons of stuff growing up and in high school as well. In another life he said he wanted to be an actor. Great post!
HOW CUTE! I wish I could have been there. Sounds like it was awesome!
Awesome! I would have loved to be there. I hope to see some of the tape.
Post a Comment